A quick, comforting bean and pasta stew with meatballs recipe for all the family to enjoy on these winter evenings, cooked all in one pot.
- 6-8 pack pork sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1l chicken stock
- 175g macaroni
- 410g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Snip the ends off the sausages and squeeze out the meat. Roll into rough walnut-sized meatballs. Heat half the oil in a large, wide pan and fry until browned, around 10 mins. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan. Tip in the onions, celery and carrots and fry for 10 mins until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in the macaroni and return the meatballs. Simmer for about 10 mins until pasta is cooked and meatballs are cooked though. Stir in beans and heat until piping hot. Season, mix in parsley and serve.
Article and Image Source: BBC Good Food