Hot food for cold weather, this Tempting Two-Cheese Pasta Bake recipe is a dish perfect for a cosy dinner in front of the fire.
- 375g fusilli (pasta twists)
- 300ml whipping cream
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- 100g mature Cheddar, grated
- 100g Stilton, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to pack instructions until almost tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, drain again, then set aside.
- In a heavy-based pan combine the cream and Tabasco sauce, then gently heat. Gradually add half the cheddar and half the stilton, whisking constantly. Whisk in the sage and thyme and a good sprinkling of black pepper. When the mixture is smooth remove from the heat.
- Place the pasta in a buttered 1.4 litre/2½ pint ovenproof dish. Pour the cheese and cream mixture over and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Remove the foil and arrange the tomato slices on top. Bake, uncovered, for 10 mins until the tomatoes are softened, the pasta is tender and the sauce has all been absorbed into the pasta and serve.
Image and Article Source: BBC Good Food