Try this Grilled Pork with Garlic and Bean Mash Recipe. Crushed beans make a tasty, nutritious alternative to using mashed potato and they go great with grilled meat!
- 1 pork steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion or shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- half a 410g can haricot beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Grill the pork for 12-15 mins, turning once until browned and cooked through.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion or shallot and fry for 3 mins until softened.
- Add the garlic, fry for 1 min more, then tip in the beans and stock and simmer for 5 mins.
- Roughly mash with a potato masher or fork, then stir in the coriander. Serve with the pork.
Article and Image Source: BBC Good Food