This simple sausages with onion gravy recipe turns a classic family supper into something far more interesting.
- 4 onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 sausages
- 300ml / ½ pint beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- mashed potato and green beans, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the onions into a roasting tray and drizzle with the vinegar and seasoning. Sit the sausages on top and roast for 30 mins, stirring halfway.
- Pour over the stock and Worcestershire sauce, return to the oven and cook for 10 mins more. Serve with the mash and green beans.
Image and Article Source: BBC Good Food