Hot dinners are a must when the temperature drops, so warm yourself and your family up with this Simple Smoky Beef Stew recipe! If there are any left-overs, put them in your lunch box for a treat at work.
- 1kg stewing beef, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 800g (or 2 cans) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp each sweet paprika, ground cumin and mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oven to 160C/ 140C fan/gas 3. Mix the beef, onions, tomatoes, spices, vinegar and sugar in a casserole dish. Cover and bake for 2½ hrs.
- Stir in the beans and bake for 30 mins more (with the lid off if the casserole is a little wet or lid on if it has good consistency), until the beef is tender.
If there are left-overs
Leave the stew to cool, then freeze 6-8 portions in small food bags or plastic containers. Defrost overnight in the fridge, then heat in the morning and transfer to a thermos container, or heat in the microwave at lunchtime.
Image and Article Source: BBC Good Food